Check out this 40-150mm f2.8 beauty! This is the first I’ve seen of this lens so I’m just giving you guys the info I find out and boy do I want to test drive it!
It has a 35mm equivalent focal length of 80-300mm for covering a wide range of telephoto lengths and has a fast constant f/2.8 aperture. Only thing missing is image stabilization.
it utilizes a Dual Voice Coil Motor, or VCM, autofocus system that features two separate lens groups that are each controlled by their own linear drive motor. This results in incredibly fast performance that is nearly friction-free and very quiet.
Inside the dust, free, and splash-proof lens body are a variety of specialized elements that feature the ZERO lens coating, including one aspherical, one high refractive index, and five extra-low dispersion elements for improved imaging performance. There is also a floating mechanism that allows users to focus as close as 27.6″ for a maximum magnification of 0.42x. Additionally, the outside of the lens body features a manual focus clutch for rapidly switching from auto to manual focus as well as an L-Fn button that can be programmed to change a specific setting. Included with the lens are a lens hood and a case.
- The Zuiko Extra-low Reflection Optical, or ZERO, coating features a thin-coating technology works to produce a clear and high contrast image due to reduced reflection on its surface. The coating also benefits from the vacuum deposition method to prevent scratches to ensure stable low-reflective performance.
- Lens construction features 16 elements in 10 groups for maintaining a compact form factor.
- Specialized elements include extra-low dispersion aspherical, super extra-low dispersion, extra-low dispersion, and a high refractive index for control over aberrations and distortion.
- The MC-14 1.4x Teleconverter is available for further extending the reach of this lens.
- The lens hood can retract where it can lock to prevent extension during user. Also, it will automatically lock when slid to the fully extended position.
- Hermetically sealed in 11 places for complete splash-, dust-, and freeze-resistance.
- Features a rotatable tripod collar for when additional support is needed.
- Micro Four Thirds Mount
- 80-300mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Maximum Aperture: f/2.8
- 1 Aspherical, 1 HD, and 5 ED Elements
- ZERO Lens Coating
- Dual VCM AF System
- Manual Focus Clutch & L-Fn Button
- Minimum Focus Distance: 27.6″
- Dust, Freeze & Splash-Proof Construction
- Lens Hood & Case Included
Thanks for coming by! Please help support my site by using the links on this page or bookmark these from my favorite retailers, B&H, Adorama, Zacuto, Amazon.com & Think Tank Photo. Using the links cost you nothing extra, but it helps offset the cost of running my blog. Thanks again for coming by eriknaso.com!