I saw this beauty at NAB and was wondering if it was ever going to ship. Now 10 months later it’s available for pre-order with shipping some time in April for a whopping $4,499.00.
The Tokina Cinema 50-135 T3.0 as I remember was a fairly light lens with a good build. The one I held was a pre-production model so I don’t know how much it has changed since NAB. The lens has the markings you would expect from a cinema lens too and yes it is parfocal and Tokina states the Cinema 50-135 T3.0 to have reduced breathing. This tells me that the lens is definitely not just a rehoused stills lens.
The format is stated as S35 however I believe it’s really an APS-C lens since the original version was. The original stills version was APS-C so not sure if they changed the optics or not. This makes it a 75-202mm equivalent in full frame 35mm. Yes it’s a long lens.
The Tokina Cinema 50-135mm T3.0 delivers a highly versatile zoom range in a compact design. Tokina engineers have created a lens that is Parfocal, has dramatically reduced breathing and image shift, and a de-clicked, 9-bladed, curved iris for beautiful bokeh and precise exposure control. With its 1M close-focus capability, the lens allows you the freedom to capture a tight close-ups while maintaining a comfortable distance from your subject.
- Parfocal lens design allows you to maintain precise focus while using
the zoom control.
- Constant T3.0 throughout the 50mm to 135mm zoom range
- Reduced breathing so you can focus on the scene and not the lens
- Smooth, de-clicked, 9-bladed, curved iris for beautiful
- Virtually no image shift when using the zoom control during filming
- Aspherical elements and Super-Low Dispersion glass reduce
distortion and increase optical performance
- 4K Image ready
- Durable, all-metal cine-style housing with geared manual zoom,
focus, and aperture rings for use in follow-focus systems.
- Common 114mm front diameter for use with a wide variety of
matte boxes and accessories.
- Zoom, focus, and iris markings are on both sides of the lens for
easy viewing and more mounting/follow-focus options.
- LDS (Lens Data System) support is possible
- Available Mounts: PL and Canon EF
Thanks for coming by! Please help support my site by using the links on this page or bookmark these from my favorite retailers, B&H, Adorama, Zacuto, Amazon.com & Think Tank Photo. Using the links cost you nothing extra, but it helps offset the cost of running my blog. Thanks again for coming by eriknaso.com!