New firmware for the Metabones EF-E Smart Adapter and Speed booster available now. Some users are having issues with IS on the FS5 so if you use this camera you might want to hold off until it gets sorted out.
This information is for the following models:
- EF-E Smart AdapterTM MARK IV (model number MB_EF-E-BM4 / MB_EF-E-BT4)
- EF-E Speed BoosterTM ULTRA (model number MB_SPEF-E-BM2 / MB_SPEF-E-BT2)
ABOUT THIS DOWNLOAD
- Name: Firmware update V0.50 for EF-E Smart AdapterTM MARK IV and EF-E Speed BoosterTM ULTRA
- Release date: 23 Jun 2016
- Benefits and improvements:
- Wide open button functionality is removed on A7 series and A6300. The button of the adapter is now dedicated to the function of the customizable Focus Hold button on the A7 series and A6300.
- “Advanced” mode is now the default operating mode. (Based on customer feedback most A6300/A7II/A7RII users prefer “Green” mode instead. You may change the default to “Green” mode, by holding down the button on the adapter while attaching to an already-on camera, and then, without ever releasing the button, turn off the camera’s power. Changing the default back to “Advanced” mode using the same procedure.)
- “Native” autofocus features including DMF, Eye-AF and fast CDAF on all E-mount cameras (see Press Release for details).
- Support for smooth iris feature of the latest Canon and Tamron SP lenses.
- PDAF improvement for Canon EF 50/1.4 USM and some other large aperture fixed focal length lenses.
- Descriptive lens name on EXIF LensModel tag (except on older cameras and Metabones Mark I, Mark II, Mark III and the original Speed Booster). A complaint utility such as exiftool is required. Sony Image Data Converter does NOT display the LensModel tag.
- Fixed a focus parking issue after an exposure with some older Canon lenses.
Thanks for coming by! Please help support my site by using the links on this page or bookmark these from my favorite retailers, B&H, Adorama, Zacuto, Amazon.com & Think Tank Photo Using the links cost you nothing extra, but it helps offset the cost of running my blog. Thanks again for coming by eriknaso.com!